2013 venue

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Jul 19 12:44:56 EDT 2012

+++ Andreas Gruenbacher [2012-07-19 18:27 +0200]:
> On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 18:12 +0200, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> > The reason for suggesting Val Thorens / Chourchevel is that it's at a
> > much higher altitude than Avoriaz, ie. village is at 2400m and the top
> > ski points go up to just above 3200m. It's a bit further from Geneva,
> > but there are shuttles down there from the airport as well, so getting
> > there should be easy.
>
> Is that altitude still okay for everyone interested?  It wouldn't be fun
> to have headaches in the first few days because of that :)

Fine by me. VT is the resort I've been to most often I think, but I'm
happy to go back - it's very good, and includes some fine off-pisting
too if you like that sort of thing.

> Anyone interested in trying a new resort in Austria?

I could be persuaded, although it's rather less handy if starting from
the UK. I've been to Hintertux (with the other geek-ski)  (and to much
of the rest in summer, which doesn't really count).

Wookey
http://wookware.org/