Vail to buy Kirkwood

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at frijolero.org
Wed Feb 22 18:51:29 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Wookey <wookey at wookware.org> wrote:
> +++ Luis R. Rodriguez [2012-02-22 15:35 -0800]:
>> http://bit.ly/xILniK
>>
>> For details of the house:
>>
>> https://sites.google.com/site/southlaketahoeskilease/
>>
>> For guests we charge $20 / weekdays or $30 for weekend days. Just need
>> to know by ahead of time if you want to come up.
>
> By the rnadomness of all things, I was there (kirkwood) last week with
> some Linaro geeks as we had a few days betwen Connect and ELC. Pity I
> didn't know about this house. (We stayed right in kirkwood which was
> very convenient and euro-style 2-min walk to lifts, but not at all
> cheap - about $100/night).
>
> It snowed whilst we were there which covered up all the ice and rocks
> and we got some exceedingly fine boarding/skiing in. It's impressively
> deserted in comparison to France during the week.

Nice, BTW if you do want to stay close to Kirkwood there is a hostel
that is not really well documented or listed anywhere that I ran into
by chance last year, its called "Rockstar Lodge" (like the energy
drink) and its dirt cheap, I think about $60 / night. You can
literally walk from there to the lifts and/or bus for other lifts.

Their phone number is: 530-318-5046

Just need to call ahead of time before showing up, they even allow
dogs (at least they allowed mine).

  Luis