Skigeek 2012?

Becky Bruce beckyb at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Oct 6 12:39:28 EDT 2011

On Oct 5, 2011, at 1:18 PM, Guido Trotter wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
>> If the USians don't get their act together and you aren't coming, I'd
>> probably be most inclined to book Kitzbühel. That's dead simple to do.
>>
>> Unless someone else is keen to do something different...

Seems to me like the right course of action is to:

1) Book Kitz.  Most of the Europeans aren't going to come to the US just to ski (although, seriously you guys, our snow has been way better the last few years).  I preferred it to Avoriaz, and I haven't gotten to really ski much of it since I was such a rank beginner there. I assume you guys would stick with the late Feb-early March timeframe?

2) If there are enough Americans who don't want to go to Europe, let's schedule a separate trip.  WRT Lake Tahoe, I'd prefer Heavenly to Squaw since Magnus and I have a season pass this year.  We actually already have a trip to Heavenly booked for late January, so we could use that as a starting point if folks want.  I can help coordinate as well.  We just need to get an idea of interest.

Obviously, I plan to attend both if possible.

-B