Ski Pass and other updates

Jes Sorensen jes.sorensen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 08:08:09 EST 2011

Hi,

Skiing is getting closer and I just wanted to give you an update.
Stephen Hemminger is going to join us as of Sunday, which will be great,
so we are now at 14 people!

I also finally had the reply from the ski station people about the
discount for ski passes. It looks like I can simply go and buy the
passes in bulk! As long as I buy a minimum of 13 I can get a 10%
discount on the passes! That means EUR 188 + 3 instead of the normal EUR
209 + 3. The +3 is the fee for the RFID card.

Therefore I am going to expect that everybody wants a pass for the week!
If you don't please hollor now!

If you plan to ski Saturday afternoon, then I recommend you go and buy a
half-day pass for just Avoriaz for the afternoon when you get there.
That will still be cheaper than buying a full 7 day pass just for yourself.

Those who can wire me money for the ski pass in advance, that would be
great. If you cannot then you can pay me when you get there, but I'd
rather not have to run around with 13 * EUR 192 in cash :) If I pick  up
the passes at the resort, it won't hit my credit card before the end of
February, so if you can wire prior to the stay that should do fine.
Please use the same wiring instructions as used for the apartments!

Cheers,
Jes