Pre-pay phones for skiing

Jes Sorensen jes.sorensen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:08:12 EST 2011

Hi,

Anthony and I were just chatting to Anthony about cell phones for the
ski trip.

I checked with Swisscom and they offer pre-paid phones, with a SIM card
and CHF 10 in credit for CHF 49. Normally they charge CHF 40 for the SIM
card itself, so it's not a bad deal.

If anyone is interested, I can go pick up a stack of phones and bring
them with me. The Swiss requires you register with a passport, so it
takes a little time to do the paperwork, but alternatively people
arriving early can pick up phones at the airport. The one I was looking
at is this one:

http://swisscomonlineshop.sso.bluewin.ch/onlineshop/Pages/ProductDetail/ProductDetail.aspx?lang=en&plang=en&id=000000000010000195

However I will pick up whatever is the best deal in the store, so if it
has better data for the same price I will get that etc.

They have a data plan too, but we will have cablemodem (and wifi) in the
apartments, so there shouldn't be a big need for data.

Let me know if you are interested sooner rather than later, and I will
go do a group purchase :)

Cheers,
Jes