Next year

Thomas Graf tgraf at infradead.org
Wed Feb 16 03:59:24 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 02:59:22PM +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> So, where do we want to go next year?
>
> Suggestions in Europe have included Courchevel, Val d'Isere, Cervinia
> (common theme being altitude).

We would definitely prefer Val d'Isere or Zermatt/Cervinia over Courchevel.
The resorts are all outstanding though. Personally I would be eager to
explore the back country of Val d'Isere if powder is on the radar :)

WRT alitude: This year's snow condition was definitely exceptional. It
could be the same next year but also consider the possibility of the
opposite. High altitude can also mean harsh weather conditions of snow
storms and -30C which is no fun to ski in.

> There's also a distinct possibility that we could do it in North America
> somewhere too. I'd certainly be up for that if it was in the first week
> of March, just before I have to be in Portland anyway.

Combining it with a conference or an extended vacation would be a
strict requirement for us to consider coming over to north america.