SkiGeek 2011 travel plans

Magnus Bruce magnus.bruce at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 11:58:45 EST 2010

On Nov 9, 2010, at 10:11 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 10:54 -0600, Magnus Bruce wrote:
>> Our travel plans for SkiGeek 2011 are now set. Becky, Matt (McClintock
>> - a skigeek virgin) and I are flying into Paris CDG on February 1st
>> (arriving on the 2nd). We will spend three days in Paris and then take
>> the TGV to Geneva on Saturday (February 5), arriving at 14:14 to
>> Geneva Cornavin. From there we plan to catch a shuttle to Avoriaz.
>
> I'll probably be on a 6am flight from STN, landing in GVA at 08:45.
>
>> The return is similar - TGV to Paris on the following Saturday
>> afternoon (16:28 departure from Geneva) and then a flight home the
>> next morning from Paris CDG. We plan to get a mid-morning shuttle back
>> to Geneva, store our luggage at the train station, and then spend a
>> few hours in town before getting on the train - maybe we will visit
>> the nice Italian couple that live next to a Danish Ogre just across
>> the French border :).
>
> I wouldn't count on having much spare time -- the traffic can be a
> *bitch* on the way back into Geneva. I'm probably not brave enough to
> book the 12:55 return flight, so I think I'll go for 18:35 on Saturday
> 12th.

Glad we booked the later train then - either we see some of Geneva or not.

>> Has anyone else looked more seriously into shuttles from Geneva to
>> Avoriaz and back? Is anyone else arriving to Geneva around the same
>> time that can share a larger private shuttle?
>
> In past years, Jes has hired a van and driven a bunch of people from
> Geneva. May well make sense to do that again.

That would work as well, although there seems to be less of a need to have a car in Avoriaz than Kitz.

Either way, there doesn't seem to be a pressing need to arrange anything specific at this point.

Start doing your snow dance.....

Magnus