SkiGeek 2011 travel plans

Magnus Bruce magnus.bruce at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:54:41 EST 2010

Our travel plans for SkiGeek 2011 are now set. Becky, Matt (McClintock - a skigeek virgin) and I are flying into Paris CDG on February 1st (arriving on the 2nd). We will spend three days in Paris and then take the TGV to Geneva on Saturday (February 5), arriving at 14:14 to Geneva Cornavin. From there we plan to catch a shuttle to Avoriaz.

The return is similar - TGV to Paris on the following Saturday afternoon (16:28 departure from Geneva) and then a flight home the next morning from Paris CDG. We plan to get a mid-morning shuttle back to Geneva, store our luggage at the train station, and then spend a few hours in town before getting on the train - maybe we will visit the nice Italian couple that live next to a Danish Ogre just across the French border :).

Has anyone else looked more seriously into shuttles from Geneva to Avoriaz and back? Is anyone else arriving to Geneva around the same time that can share a larger private shuttle?

ski-lifts.com has a comprehensive price quote engine that shows prices for shared and private shuttles based on the number of people. Shared transfers start at 90 Euro round trip for 1 person and decrease to 42.50 Euro for 8 people (not sure why prices would decrease for shared transportation....). Private transfers start at 320 Euro for 1 person round trip and decrease to 45 Euro for 8 people.

Magnus