Pain too great to end with death. Of all the beautie

Stewarts Gonsiewski sisterhood at hobos.lv
Sun Mar 28 07:36:58 EDT 2010

, "Bury us, I pray you, together."

"As oft in life my brothers dear Were sooth'd by me
to rest-- Ficra and Conn beneath my wings, And Aed before my breast;
So place
the two on either hand-- Close, like the love that
bound me; Place Aed as close before my face, And twine
their arms around me." Joyce. So Kemoc signed them in Holy Baptism with
the blessed Cross, and even as the water touched their foreheads, and
while his words
were in their ears, death took them. And, as
they passed, Kemoc looked up, and, behold, four beautiful children,
their faces radiant with
joy, and with white wings lined with silver, flying upwards to the
clouds.

And soon they vanished from his sight and he saw them no more. He
buried them as Finola had wished, and raised a mound over them, and
carved their names on a stone.

And over it he sang a lament and prayed to the God of all love and

purity, a prayer for the pure and loving souls of those who had been
the children
of Lir. FOOTNOTES: [11] The North Channel. [12] Erris, in Mayo.
[13] A small island off Benmullet. DEIRDRE "Her beauty filled the old
world of the Gael with a sweet, wonderful, and abiding rumour. The name
of Deirdre has been as

a harp to a thousand poets. In a land of heroes and brave and beautiful
women, how shall one name survive? Yet to this day and for ever, men
will remember Deirdre...." Fiona
Macleod. So long ago, that it was before the birth of our Lord, so says
tradition, there was born that "Morning
star of loveliness, Unhappy Helen of a Western land," who is known to
the Celts of Scotland as Darthool, to those of Ireland as Deirdre. As
in the story of Helen, it is not easy, or even possible in the story of
Deirdre,
to disentangle
the old, old facts of actual history from the web of romantic fairy
tale that time has woven about them, yet so great is the power of
Deirdre, even unto this day, that it

has been the fond task of t