Skigeek 2011 - Avoriaz Feb 5 - 12 update

Jes Sorensen jes.sorensen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 06:20:32 EDT 2010

Hi,

An update on the trip booking. Had an email from Pierre et Vacances
telling me that the option would go if I didn't pay a deposit so I just
got off the phone with them and my credit card is now EUR 1080 lighter.
If we end up canceling the trip I should be able to get it all back
minus a small service fee of EUR 30, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The good thing about this is that we have 5 apartments booked, and we
got a 20% discount on the list price that I quoted at first. In addition
I found out the insurance I looked at first was the wrong one and the
new one is cheaper per apartment (30 instead of 45 :) On the other hand
it now covers the right things: Lack of snow/too much snow, transport
down from the mountain if someone does something really stupid, legal
responsibility when Becky crashes into something and smashes it, Avi
wanting his snowboard replaced again and getting someone to steal it, etc.

With the 20% discount the current price for the first 5 apartments will be:

  EUR 275/person
  EUR 825/apartment

We should be able to add more apartments if these fill up, but I cannot
guarantee the lower price obviously, if P&V drops the 20% discount. I
don't think it should be a problem though to get more apartments at
least through October probably longer.

Anyone who fancies sending me a deposit should send me EUR 100 per
person or EUR 300 for an apartment. Add 3.4% for paypal.

Cheers,
Jes