Skigeek 2010

Becky Bruce beckyb at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Jun 29 12:31:28 EDT 2009

On Jun 26, 2009, at 2:40 PM, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 12:17 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>> David Woodhouse wrote:

>>> Interesting.
>>>
>>> Er, so did you "simplify" licence/license to the verb form,
>>> practice/practise to the noun form, and leave the others as they
>>> were?
>>>
>>> Is that really easier? Or am I misunderstanding the motivation for
>>> the
>>> changes?
>>
>> Sorry, I have no idea.  I didn't do those things personally.
>> Happened before I had a chance to change them.
>>
>> But it's probably easier just to have one spelling for any of them...
>> not that we can be consistent.
>
> Oh well, either way I stand corrected and will have to find some other
> reason to pick on Becky. Just as well there are plenty to choose
> from...

I suppose, at this point, that all that's left for me to say to Dave
is "neener neener :-P."

BTW, it was not my goal to be pedantic.  Sadly, the use of "sic" was
hammered into my head a long time ago by crazed journalism
instructors.   You should have mocked my use of parenthses instead of
brackets around the sic, which was an actual mistake :)

Speaking of goals and picking on people, my only goal for Skigeek 2010
is to avoid providing more fodder for polkabecky.com.....

Cheers,
Becky