Skigeek 2010

Becky Bruce beckyb at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jul 2 09:10:49 EDT 2009

On Jun 30, 2009, at 8:14 AM, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> On 06/30/2009 03:05 PM, Magnus Bruce wrote:
>> We will probably get to Munich on Friday morning (as late as
>> possible -
>> we don't want to arrive at 7AM), spend the night and then take the
>> train
>> to Kitz on Saturday. On the return trip, we'll probably spend the
>> night
>> in Munich Saturday before flying home on Sunday. I have considered
>> renting a car and driving from Munich to Kitz, but am still
>> undecided.
>> The train was very convenient, but if we go this route, we will opt
>> for
>> first class - second class was ridiculously crowded - even with
>> reserved
>> seats, it was impossible to find a place for luggage. We almost
>> didn't
>> get off the train - thankfully Woodhouse didn't have his luggage and
>> could play sherpa for us.
>
> Hmmm I think thats a perfect idea, I volunteer Woodhouse as train
> caddie!

Dave is also a fabulous door stop - just try closing a train door when
he's wedged himself in the opening :)  I bet he would prefer to
actually have his luggage this time, though.

Kumar, by the way, is a horrible sherpa.

> The drive down wasn't too bad when we did it, fairly crowded Saturday
> going back up though and price was it showed up to be as expensive had
> the five of us taken the train.

I think I prefer the train, as long as we go first class (which ups
the expense some, but as Magnus says, we're not going cattle-car
again).  We so rarely need a car, and with the weather that time of
year having a car can be a pain.  However, despite Magnus being my
Linux wife, he is The Man, so if he feels like he wants to deal with a
car, I'll play good little woman and go along.

It would be great if we could coordinate and hop from Munich to
Kitzbuhel together, though.

Cheers,