transport Munich<->Kitzbuhl

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Fri Jan 16 05:02:51 EST 2009

Hi,

I have just checked the train times, and due to our arrival time in
Munich, Dave, Dave, and I would have an 8+hr train ride with something
like a 6 hr layover in Worgl. I think we're going to opt for a car :)

I checked with Avis and we can get a stationwagon which they claim will
hold 5 people and 5+ large suitcases for EUR 300+petrol. A bit 8 seater
like we had this year is EUR 715+petrol, so if there's more people for
car transport, it probably makes more sense to rent an extra car.

The drive is about about 350 km return, so my back of an envelope
calculations gets that to about 30L of petrol at something like EUR
1.1/L, so lets say EUR 35 and some incidentials. A pretty round total
number is EUR 350, which would give us a round trip price of EUR 70
per person....

I don't know if you guys would prefer to take the train or would be
interested in driving with us? I see Carsten also has a seat or two for
sale which would fit us all in.

oot/msw - what are your plans?

Cheers,
Jes