ski lessons & hire

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Jan 16 04:04:24 EST 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 09:49 +0100, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:

> Marija would be interested in 2 full days of lessons or so (the last
> time she ski'd was 16 years ago).  Since I've never ski'd at all, I
> wonder if I'd need more than that.

Before going on the first skigeek trip two years ago I had not skied
since '97, and I think I was fairly quick to pick it up again. But I
suppose it also depends on how good you were before (I didn't think I
was), what you expect from yourself and what physical condition you're
in -- I inline-skate a lot and tend to think that helped tremendously.

I'd almost suggest that Marija and Magnus go try it out for the first
day, or go to the ski school and have a ski teacher judge them, I don't
think it would be appropriate to join the beginners group.

johannes