ski lessons & hire

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu Jan 15 11:33:42 EST 2009

Hi,

So Andreas (thank you!) talked to the ski school after they never
managed to reply to my emails...

First, the closest ski school doesn't do half-days. Since we have 5 or 6
beginners, hiring a private teacher might be an option, although that
doesn't leave the option of splitting up the group if people develop
differently. But if we do that, we also gain some flexibility, like you
beginners do, say, two full days (4 hours lessons each), and two half
days, and I'm sure we can find other people who are willing to take some
adventure with the ski teacher the other days. Andreas might be
interested, and so would I, at least.

Thoughts? Dave says there are other ski schools in town that might offer
half days, but that's a few kilometers out (there is a bus), while this
school is apparently just across the road.

Wrt. ski hire, it would be good to have more information, i.e. your
weight, height and proficiency [1], so that they already have a better
idea of what kind of skis we need. If you don't want to publish this on
this semi-public list mail me in private. Metric units preferred so I
don't have to convert :)

[1] I know that's hard to judge, but probably not all that important
since they only have three types of ski levels: standard, top and race

Everyone who is coming and needs equipment/lessons please let me know
what you think!

johannes