S while I sleep. And now, silence. SCENE II TIME: _Midnight of same

Edstrom Zincke compiling at arpbv.com
Sat Aug 22 06:52:39 EDT 2009

Nor a Gotham child! HODGE. They have not forgotten what his last visit
brought upon them. PODGE. Everything he saw and liked, he took. NODGE.
And would not pay for it! SCRODGE. His servants and his soldiers ate the
town up. HODGE. And would not pay for it! PODGE (_looking off_). He is
coming now! He is on the hill! SCRODGE. He has his soldiers with him!
NODGE. He must not see us! Come! [_They run off. Enter the_ KING _and_
SOLDIERS.] KING. To think that I--a king--should have to walk! FIRST
SOLDIER. Shall I bring the horses up, your Majesty? KING. Of what use?
Look how the road from here is filled with trees! SECOND SOLDIER. Just
as it was back there! KING. I know! It was done to keep me out of
Gotham! I know! (_To Third Soldier._) Here, you! THIRD SOLDIER
(_saluting_). Yes, your Majesty. KING. Get to Gotham, if you have to
crawl. THIRD SOLDIER. Yes, your Majesty. KING. Tell these men of Gotham
I shall come again. THIRD SOLDIER. Yes, your Majesty. KING. And when I
do--and when I do--[_He stops._] THIRD SOLDIER. Yes, your Majesty? KING.
And when I do, I'll have their noses! THIRD SOLDIER. Yes, your Majesty.
KING. I'll have the Gotham nose of every Gotham man cut off his Gotham
face! THIRD SOLDIER. Yes, your Majesty. KING. Go, now, and tell them
that! THIRD SOLDIER (_saluting)._ Yes, your Majesty. [_He goes._] KING.
We will now return the way we came. (_He shakes his finger toward
Gotham_,) I'll have your noses, that I will! [_He goes with his
soldiers._] SCENE II TIME: _one month later._ PLACE: _a field