Kitzbühel next year?

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Mar 16 19:11:31 EDT 2008

David Woodhouse wrote:
> Thanks again to Jes for arranging this year's trip. Although Avoriaz is
> great, we're thinking of going somewhere else next year just for a
> little variety.

It's been a great week for me too, except the day with the snow
storm.  Next time, Jes, please make the weather more stable.

> For a start, can we have a show of hands... who's interested in coming
> next year if we do it in Europe, and who would be interested if we do it
> in the US or Canada instead?¹

I may be *interested*.  Everybody told me that Colorado has some
great locations.

> While that's not a rhetorical question (and I do want to be able to make
> a decent guess at numbers), I'm kind of assuming that we'll end up doing
> it in Europe next year. Since it's probably also my turn to take a
> bigger organisational rôle, I was thinking of Kitzbühel -- since I know
> it quite well and it has a fairly wide range of pistes to keep us all
> happy.

Whatever.  As long as there are hackers coming :-)

Ah, btw I owe:

 - EUR20 to you for paying the restaurant.

 - EUR5 to Michael, but he gave his credit up so I'm
   not sure I will return it ;-)

 - EUR1 to Suzi for the sliding trolley

> The place I usually stay is Aurach. It's a few kilometres out of
> Kitzbühel and a small place (two hotels, a ski shop and a bar). But you
> can ski back down to it in good weather, it's easy enough to get up the
> mountain from, and it's cheap and pleasant. Lacks the variety of
> restaurants, but it isn't hard to get into Kitzbühel if we want to.
> I always maintain that if you can actually manage to get out an make a
> real nuisance of yourself in the evenings, you haven't been skiing hard
> enough anyway.

> I'm in the process of looking at chalets/apartments in Kitzbühel itself
> or in Kirchberg, which would be a little more in the centre of things --
> and more expensive too.

Looks like a nice place.  If you also managed to get it cheap, that
would be awesome.

You could try telling them that you know where they live and such...

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/