Kitzbühel next year?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sun Mar 16 17:03:41 EDT 2008

David Woodhouse wrote:

> One option would be to do it on the left-hand-side of the Atlantic,
> especially given the current exchange rate. But it's a lot further to
> travel for most of the regular attendees, and the US dollar has to be
> _really_ low before it offsets the cost of transatlantic flights.
>
> For a start, can we have a show of hands... who's interested in coming
> next year if we do it in Europe, and who would be interested if we do it
> in the US or Canada instead?¹

I have to say that although I'm not ruling it out, unless the dollar
improves (or our financial situation otherwise changes), I doubt I and
Suzi are going to be able to afford doing this in Europe again next year.

And yes, it's further for the regular participants, but you have a bit
of a selection effect going on, too.

	-hpa