USA ski event

James Bourne jbourne at hardrock.org
Tue Apr 22 21:27:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Grant Grundler wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 05:40:19PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>> Hey guys, I'm new. When is the US ski event scheduled for and what are
>> the locations planned for it?
>
> I've volunteered to look for something but so far only have 3-4 people
> who have expressed interest for 2008-2009 winter.
> If you have ideas/preferences,  please share them.

I haven't been many other places but, from Calgary we have 6 resorts within
3 hours drive.  Sunshine, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Panorama, Fernie, and
Kimberley.  I've done Sunshine, Louise and Kicking Horse and they are all
excellent.

The idea is this:
o Stay either in Banff or at the hill at Sunshine the first evening
   then do Sunshine.
o Stay either in Banff again or in Lake Louise, do Louise the second day.
o Stay in Golden then do Kicking Horse and travel to Invermere that evening.
o Do Panorama then travel to Kimberly or Cranbrook.
o Do Kimberly that day then travel to Fernie and do Fernie the last day
   before driving back to Calgary.

Late January and February are the best months for snow.  If the trip is in
this area I'd be in and (although reluctantly from past experience) I could
help out planning.

Regards
Jim

James Bourne                  | Email:            jbourne at hardrock.org
UNIX Systems Administration   | WWW:           http://www.hardrock.org
Custom UNIX Programming       | Linux:  The choice of a GNU generation