ski info

Jes Sorensen jes at sgi.com
Mon Mar 5 03:56:00 EST 2007

Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 10:35:03AM +0100, Jes Sorensen wrote:
>> This means we have 5 people going back and forth both Saturdays. We can
>> rent a 5 seater van with space for everyone for EUR 275 for the week.
>> Petrol will be approximately 20L or EUR 25, ie. total is in the order of
>> EUR 305. Driving on the other hand should take about an hour, half the
>> time on the bus.
> ..
>> In other words, we can get to the resort in about half the time, but it
>> will cost a total of EUR 25 more .... what do people prefer?
>
> I just realized there might be parking fees at the resort:
>     http://www.avoriaz.com/ski-holidays/ski-resort/parking.php
>
> "outdoor" parking is 43EUR/week (but no reservation possible).
>
> If we can ski on saturday as well, I'm still up for cost sharing a van.
> But catching the 8:30 public bus from the airport would work for me too.

Hrmpf, bastards!

However since I didn't get more than 2 ack/nacks to my question about
the car, I made the executive decision to book one, so car it is.

I was thinking about picking up the car around 10am, it then has to back
by 10:59 the following Saturday to avoid paying for an extra day. If we
leave Geneva at 10:30 we will be at the resort at 12, should leave you
time to find gear and head out for a full afternoon of skiing on a half
day pass. I doubt I'll manage to go skiing Saturday since someone will
have to track down the resort people, organize the apartments etc.

Cheers,
Jes