List.

Jes Sorensen jes at trained-monkey.org
Tue Feb 21 08:18:01 EST 2006

>>>>> "David" == David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> writes:

David> We need to put email addresses to the list at
David> http://david.woodhou.se/sktilist.txt

Do I hear a 'please fill in the blanks, I got bored' ;-)

David> After that, we should come up with at least a _vague_ plan -- at
David> least dates and location, and probably send a summary along with
David> a mailman 'invite' to join the mailing list -- it'll just be
David> 'click this link to join the list', and we'll immediately get to
David> see who does so. Then once we have some real feedback and a
David> clearer idea about numbers, we can firm up the plans from there.

Sounds reasonable. Maybe ask people if they are potentially interested
let us know.

My proposed dates would be very late January, maybe even 1st week of Feb
or 1st week of March, to avoid the big winter break mess. We could
propose a couple of dates and later ask who's interested in which
one. It should be fitted around LCA obviously.

David> The plan would be for people to make their own way at least to a
David> local airport. If many people are arriving within a short time
David> then we can arrange transport to the resort; otherwise it's up to
David> the individuals to do so for themselves. If a handful of people
David> are arriving together, it's hardly difficult for them to arrange
David> it between themselves anyway -- it's only when it starts to
David> become a coach or at least a minibus that we would get involved.

Yep, I was thinking that if enough people come in on the Saturday we
could probably easily arrange for a coach in the late afternoon.

David> We'll offer to arrange accommodation and ski passes, and also ski
David> hire and tuition for anyone who wants it. The rest, including
David> insurance, is left to the individuals concerned. OK?

They need their own insurance, but also a ski-slope insurance to cover
them getting dragged down from the mountain. The latter is cheap and
often sold with the ski passes so we should offer that option.

Cheers,
Jes