Attention skiers: logistics and more

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Dec 22 17:51:05 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 11:20 -0500, Matt Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 04:50:47AM -0500, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> >
> > I will investigate transport options from Geneva to the resort. There
> > should be a shuttle bus, but I don't have the details just yet. We
> > will figure something out and let you know.
>
> I don't think I've actually seen the name of the resort in any cabal
> mail...  I'm going to be a day late, so I'll need to work out my own
> logistics.

The station is "Avoriaz", the name of the appt facility is "Balcons du
Soleil". To go to Avoriaz, there are busses from pretty any major town
around, I wouldn't recommend driving. Once there, there's an easy to
find information desk who can indicate you where the appts are (though
the bus drivers might too).

The exact appt. numbers will be provided by Jes. We'll also have some
cell phones number closer to the date so you can just give a buzz and
somebody can come pick you up at the bus stop.

Ben.