Low speed snow sports

Val Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 15:45:20 EDT 2006

How many people are interested in non-downhill snow sports like cross
country skiing and snowshoeing?  The organizers would like to know how
many people are interested for planning purposes.

I don't do downhill snow sports myself because of the following
personality defects:

1. Severe need for complete control at all times.
2. Wimpiness.
3. Preference for long painful boring sports such as hiking in which
the main joy comes from being finished.
4. Lack of desire to join my two friends with broken bones from skiing.

Ooh, I just thought of a downhill snow sport I do like: sledding.  But
only if there are little kids around to be unreasonably excited by it.

-VAL