[Pcsclite-muscle] Fixing PCSCLITE_MAX_READERS_CONTEXTS assumption / incompatibility in PCSC protocol

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 01:32:08 PST 2023

Le jeu. 23 nov. 2023 à 00:05, Nathan Kidd <nathan-ml at spicycrypto.ca> a écrit :

> On 2023-11-22 5:15 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

> > I don't like your solution because it does not really fix the problem.
>
> If we define the problem as "make cross-linux communication work", can
> you describe why you don't see it fixing the issue? (Modulo the version
> issue addressed below.)

It will work if the client supports *more* readers than the server.
The readers list will just be filled with empty readers with no (bad)
side effects.
But if the client supports *less* readers than the server the list
will be truncated on the client side and some readers will not be
usable by the client.

It will also work only if the server is newer than the client, not the
other way.

I don't really care to be backward compatible with previous versions
of pcsc-lite.
I like Free Software because I can fix bugs and I don't have to adapt
to bogus/limited code.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau