[Pcsclite-muscle] Gemalto IDBridge CT700/Ezio Shield, problem with specific card

Patrik Pira flutter.se at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 01:29:55 PDT 2022

> You may have to contact the reader manufacturer.
> You can try to reproduce the problem on Windows using the manufacturer driver.

There seems to be a firmware problem in the card-reader itself. There
exists an even newer version of this cardreader which actually works
with the IDEMIA card. Unfortunately the identification of which reader
works or not is a bit difficult as the manufacturer does not clearly
distinguish between them.

IDBridge CT700, P/N: 962-000027-003, manufacturer THALES. Works.
IDBridge CT700, P/N A1215661G, manufacturer gemalto. Does NOT work.
PC Pinpad Reader, P/N HWP113026 E, manufacturer gemalto. Works.

So my solution will be to send the P/N A1215661G ones to landfill and
buy the new THALES ones.

Thanks for your help!