[Pcsclite-muscle] Asynchronous PCSC API

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:02:02 PST 2022

Hello,

Le dim. 30 janv. 2022 à 14:06, Stephan Brunner
<s.brunner at stephan-brunner.net> a écrit :

> I did run the samples from Ievgenii:
>
> First window:
> $ cardlock.exe "Generic EMV Smartcard Reader 0"
> connecting...
> beginning transaction...
> status check
> status check
> status check
> status check
> [...]
>
> Second window:
> $ cardlock_cancel.exe "Generic EMV Smartcard Reader 0"
> connecting...
> cancelling
> C:\Users\s.brunner\source\repos\cardlock\cardlock_cancel.c:32 -
> 80100002
> done
>
> First window, without doing anything:
> [...]
> status check
> status check
>

> The SCardCancel of _cancel.exe works for me without me having to
> interrupt the cardlock.exe or doing something else.
>
> I'm using a cheap No-Name EMV Reader from Amazon:
>         XYSTEC PX-8935-675
>         USB Description: Alcor Micro Corp. AU9540 Smartcard Reader
>         USB VID:PID 058f:9540
>
> I'm running Windows 10 21H2 Build 19043.1466.
> Inserted into the reader is a ZeitControl OpenPGP Card v3.3.

I tried again in a VM using Windows 10 20H2 19042.1466.
This time the SCardCancel() works as expected by Ievgenii.
Very strange.

The card and card reader should not be important.

Anybody else can confirm (or not) the behaviour of SCardCancel() on Windows?

Thanks

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau