[Pcsclite-muscle] What's responsible to filter out Le in Case 4 C-APDUs under T=0?

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:58:55 PST 2022

Le lun. 7 févr. 2022 à 20:51, Francois Grieu <fgrieu at gmail.com> a écrit :

> *Ludovic Rousseau *wrote:
> ] What happens on GNU/Linux with pcsc-lite and my CCID driver?
>
> Under the assumption scriptor displays what it passes to SCardTransmit:
> things work fine.
>
>      tst at tst-vb:~$ scriptor
>      No reader given: using Gemalto USB Shell Token V2 (B0948688) 00 00
>      Using T=0 protocol
>      Reading commands from STDIN
>      > 00 xx xx xx 06 xx xx xx xx xx xx 08
>      < 61 08 : 0x08 bytes of response still available.

pcsc-lite and libccid does not modify the APDU sent to the card.
So the APDU you use should be the one sent to the reader.

Just to be sure, you can generate a pcscd log as described in
https://ccid.apdu.fr/#support

> Looks like the GemCCID 4.1.4.0 (x64) Windows driver is central to the issue.
> That does not answer the question (I hope it is nevertheless on-topic).

Yes. Maybe the GemCCID driver is trying to do something smart, but fails.

One way to be sure is to capture the USB traffic on Windows.
See "ISO 7816-4 spy using Wireshark"
https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.com/2019/08/iso-7816-4-spy-using-wireshark.html
and https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/USB#windows

Bye