[Pcsclite-muscle] Proposal for a Web API for smart cards

Daniel d'Andrada dandrader at google.com
Fri Aug 12 08:42:40 PDT 2022

Hi Ludovic,

Reading my e-mail again I see that it was misleading. It *is* also
targeting Windows (winscard). I just explicitly mentioned the
platforms that use PCSClite given the context of this mailing list.

Right now it's in an API proposal phase, but the intent is to have it
in Chrome[1]. Its prototyping phase hasn't started, thus no code to
look at yet.

Regarding card reader identification, I wasn't aware of the
possibility of getting USB vendor and product ids via
FEATURE_GET_TLV_PROPERTIES. Thanks for pointing that out. Will update
the proposal appropriately. Although that seems to not change the fact
that one still cannot reliably identify a reader with PC/SC given
that, as you said, this depends on the driver supporting/implementing
this and apparently that might not be the case on Windows (will
check).

Like CardContact's Scripting Server, I wasn't aware of SConnect.
Thanks for that link.

[1] https://chromestatus.com/feature/6411735804674048