[Pcsclite-muscle] issues with OmniKey 3121 and InCard cards

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Fri May 11 00:11:31 PDT 2018

> On 05/10/2018 04:49 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

>> >From your logs your reader is a 076b/3021
>> It is this one https://ccid.apdu.fr/ccid/shouldwork.html#0x076B0x3021
>>
>> This reader, with a product ID of 0x3021, is NOT concerned by the
>> patch
>> https://salsa.debian.org/rousseau/CCID/commit/3b29cc5afbbe27bb5421d334623bbd07c574bbf8
>> you reference.
>>
>> The patch is for product ID 0x3031 not 0x3021.
>>
>> So my first answer is correct: your reader does not support extended APDU.
>>
>> You can try to patch the CCID driver to add a:
>>     case 0x076b3021:
>> at line 492 of ccid/ccid.c so your reader is considered as supporting
>> extended APDU.
>

> You're super fast, thanks for the support.
> It actually now fails with "commands.c:1523:CCID_Receive Protocol not
> supported", so I can confirm (I know you don't need it) that the reader is
> NOT capable of extended APDU, as advertised.

Bad luck.
You now need to find a reader with support of extended APDU.

> I find the source code a bit misleading, though, or I'm missing something,
> because I read, in ccid.c and ccid.h, respectively:
>
>   case HID_OMNIKEY_3X21: /* OMNIKEY 3121 or 3021 or 1021 */
>
>   #define HID_OMNIKEY_3X21 0x076B3031 /* OMNIKEY 3121 or 3021 or 1021 */
>
> where actually I think the Omnikey "3021" is not in the bunch and should not
> be listed in the comments (my item has PCI ID 076b3021, as you pointed out).
> Case closed, thanks again.

The reader with product ID 0x3031 is
https://ccid.apdu.fr/ccid/shouldwork.html#0x076B0x3031
The name reported by the reader is "HID Global OMNIKEY 3x21 Smart Card Reader".

I contacted HID just to be sure. They confirmed that the reader 3021
has a Product ID of 0x3031. For marketing reasons they reused an old
commercial name with a new USB Product ID.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau