[Pcsclite-muscle] Race condition with SCardGetStatusChange() when USB Reader is removed

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Thu May 11 11:23:46 PDT 2017

> > I was not using the correct libpcsclite.
> > Now I can reproduce the problem using your C code.
>
> Can this become a general issue with pyscard? In the end I didn't quite
> understand why the python unit tests used a 'different' libpcsclite when
> there was only the patched version installed on the system...

In my case I played with pcsc-spy [1].
install_spy.sh [2] confused the libraries.

I don't know what problem you had/have with PySCard.
Maybe you have multiple and different libpcsclite.so.1 available in your
system.

Thanks for the fix. I was unsure if something could break when the
> notification in the status handler thread was removed, though it didn't
> seem so.

I reviewed the code and it should be OK.

Bye

[1] https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2011/11/pcsc-api-spy-third-try.html
[2]
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pcsclite/PCSC.git/tree/src/spy/install_spy.sh