[Pcsclite-muscle] How to Identify USB devices on linux/ubuntu/debian

Uv Wildner uv.wildner.ext
Fri Jan 27 07:58:16 PST 2017

Hello,

I need to identify the USB device to which a card reader with a specific card is connected.
I am pulling my hair out but cannot find any API call that provides this information.

on Ludovic's blog I find this:
https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.de/2010/05/what-is-in-pcsc-reader-name.html

That does not work on my system though!
ubuntu xenial 4.4.0-59-generic x86_64

When I list my card readers I get the list of readers like this from SCardListReaders():

SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 3310 00 00
SCM Microsystems Inc. SCR 3310 01 00

OK, so the readers are enumerated.
However, I need to know the usb device id to be able to connect the reader with the right card to the correct virtualization environment.

Bus 002 Device 008: ID 04e6:5116 SCM Microsystems, Inc. SCR331-LC1 / SCR3310 SmartCard Reader
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 04e6:5116 SCM Microsystems, Inc. SCR331-LC1 / SCR3310 SmartCard Reader

I only know that the usb device id can change easily.

How do I find which USB device has been connected to the the instance of the SCardReader????

Any pointers greatly welcome.