[Pcsclite-muscle] New pcsc-lite 1.8.23

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Tue Dec 19 11:39:41 PST 2017

Le 19/12/2017 à 09:39, Sebastien Lorquet a écrit :
> hello

Hello,

> with all the stability and security issues related to systemd that all users of
> modern linux are aware of these days (including making itself a required
> dependency of a huge number of projects unrelated to system initialization), is
> the dependency on libsystemd still optional?

pcsc-lite uses systemd since version 1.8.0 released in November 2011.

The change introduced with this release is that the code now uses libsystemd instead of using a (no more maintained) sd-daemon.c embedded source code file.

> Not that I plan to build a systemd-free version of libpcsclite myself, but some
> people might want to do that...

Yes, the use of systemd is optional.
If you do not use systemd you will not get pcscd auto start support as described in https://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2011/11/pcscd-auto-start-using-systemd.html

Bye