[Pcsclite-muscle] Difference from Windows' implementation with regard to PC/SC shared mode

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Wed Oct 26 09:29:37 PDT 2016

> Hi,
>
> i can not unconditionally confirm this behavior under windows. At least
> when using different contexts, the second connect is blocked, even when it
> is shared. I have no example when the same context is used, this may differ.

Interesting.
I must admit I have not tested the windows behavior on this. Maybe I should
have test it myself :-(

> Afaik reusing the same context in different threads is considered bad
> practice (http://muscle.musclecard.narkive.com/ZAn5vTFD/multiple-
> threads-and-scardgetstatuschange)?

Exact. Using the same hContext in different threads may lead to dead locks.

Maskim, can you try again on Windows but using 2 different hContext
(SCardEstablishContext) in the 2 threads?

Thanks

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau