[Pcsclite-muscle] Looking/developing magstripe API

Martin Paljak martin
Sat May 7 22:05:44 PDT 2016

What would be your usecase?

First of all, do you know of any mainstream enduser devices that provide
simultaneous reading of both the chip and magstripe, via the same
interface? I expect such devices exist in the ATM OEM industry, but have no
idea about the interfaces they provide.

How would that work? There are no existing standard drivers (except for
serial interfaces) for magstripe readers I know of. There is no API in the
winscard interface for this (introducing arbitrary SCardReadMagstripe would
be as useful as some HSM companies having "standard PKCS#11 modules" with
extra C_* functions not described by spec nor implemented in interoperable
software).