[Pcsclite-muscle] Web API For Accessing Secure Element

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Tue Aug 2 01:29:02 PDT 2016

Hello Frank,

I am not a GlobalPlatform expert. The API is/was also proposed at the W3C.
names present on the OpenSC mailing list.
Maybe more knowledgeable people can answer you.

Bye

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/

> Hi Ludovic!
>
> Do you have any insights on how the GP's approach relates to the
> attempts over the past years on bringing smart card access to the
> browser?
>
> Regards,
> Frank.
>

> On Monday, August 01 at 11:43AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A new API is discussed the GlobalPlatform organisation.
> > "Web API For Accessing Secure Element"
> > http://globalplatform.github.io/WebApis-for-SE/doc/
> >
> > The idea is to provide an access to secure elements (smart cards and
> other
> > form factors) from a Javascript application in a web browser.
> >
> > It is a low level API. You can exchange APDU to secure elements (smart
> > cards).
> > I don't think the API is provided by any web browser yet.
> >

> > When the API is ready (and deployed) I could write a new sample code in
> > Javascript and add it to my list "PC/SC sample in different languages"
> >
> http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2010/04/pcsc-sample-in-different-languages.html
> >
> > Bye
> >
> > --
> >  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau