[Pcsclite-muscle] Possibility to disable Reader Interface?

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Thu Oct 29 06:44:16 PDT 2015

> Hello,

Hello,

we are going to deploy DEll Lattitude E7450 to our users.
> The SmartCard-Reader is successfull recognised. A little bit too good for
> our scenario. ;-)
>
> Because the Broadcom Reader has more then one interface, the contactless
> interface is handled an second reader. The problem is, that we are
> connecting to Windows 2012 Terminal Server which then offers the "two"
> readers to the user, which has to decide for one of the two readers.
>
> If only one reader is present, the user is directly prompted for his
> SmartCard PIN by the Windows Server. That ist not a big problem for
> technicans, but a problem for our users.
>
> I can't disable the contactless reader by BIOS.
>
> Any Ideas? Is it possible to disable the second interface in pcsc source?
> Compiling pcsc-lite is no problem, we are already running a self compiled
> pcsc-lite.
>
> 0: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contacted ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 00 00
> 1: Broadcom Corp 5880 [Contactless ScmartCard] (0123456789ABCD) 01 00

It is not possible to filter the reader list at the pcsc-lite level.
But it should be possible to write a wrapper that does exactly that.
I could write it for you.

Regards,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau