[Pcsclite-muscle] Semantics of TAG_IFD_POLLING_THREAD_WITH_TIMEOUT

William Roberts bill.c.roberts
Wed Mar 4 11:13:25 PST 2015

So what's the semantics behind the function pointer returned
for TAG_IFD_POLLING_THREAD_WITH_TIMEOUT, well call this LongPoll() for our
discussion.

Essentially I have a working IFD without this capabiltiy and am now trying
to add this in.

In my implementation the LongPoll() function always sleeps on the timeout,
and returns either at timeout or immedatley on smart card insert. If a
smart card is present on return it returns IFD_SUCCESS, else it
returns IFD_ICC_NOT_PRESENT.

IFDHPresence() returns IFD_ICC_SUCCESS on smart card present
or IFD_ICC_NOT_PRESENT

However, I see in the logs that my card gets powered down, looks like for
some power saving thing, however, when I try to run an opensc command like
pkcs15-tool -c, it says no card inserted.

See attached logs.

--
Respectfully,

William C Roberts