[Pcsclite-muscle] Smartcard access speed under Linux

Olaf Mertens stuff
Fri Apr 24 06:20:51 PDT 2015

Greetings form Germany!

I have problems accessing an Omnikey 6121 Smartcard reader from Linux.

We have a Windows based java application that uses javax.smartcardio to
read and write files from a Omnikey 6121 Smartcard reader.

This works fine under Windows. It takes about 200 milliseconds to fetch a
file from the smartcard.

The same java code also works under Linux. But the access speed is much
slower (10 seconds instead of 200 milliseconds).

I believe, that the speed auto negotiation between pcsc-lite and the
Omnikey Reader does not work. It seems to end up using a very slow default
baud rate.

I tried the newest Omnikey drivers, but no success.

I don't think that this is an Omnikey driver problem. I see the same speed
problem using the smartcard reader in a Dell keyboard.

Are you aware of this speed issue? Are there any workarounds or hidden
configuration options?

Many thanks is advance!

Olaf Mertens