[Pcsclite-muscle] HELP! Any experience on smart card chip wearing?

Umberto Rustichelli umberto.rustichelli
Mon Sep 8 04:07:19 PDT 2014

On 09/08/2014 12:48 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

>>> Can you extract a bit more detail about the card/ATR/firmware ? We?ve found the STMicroelectronics cards quite reliable; and Napoli and Catania teams quite easy to work with when it came to technical issues/bugs.
>> This is the card ATR. For signature operations, this family of cards seems to be quite reliable by us, indeed:
>>
>> 3b:ff:18:00:ff:81:31:fe:55:00:6b:02:09:03:03:01:01:01:43:4e:53:10:31:80:9d
> Ok - 	that looks like the sort of Italian Chamber of Commerce/regione calabria cards we?ve seen - those are STMicro, Incard - and pretty much all we have handled are on InCrypto34 V2. As far as we know - they use the st19xl34p - and very similar models are in use in Germany in the medical sector as well.
>
> For what it is worth - we find that we can do, using SPR532 readers, virtually unlimited signs with these; using a single C_Login/session per power-up.

I agree that unlikely there is an issue with readers, anyway we settled
on Gemalto-branded readers, the look is transparent as in
http://www.gemalto.com/products/usb_shell_token_v2/index.html
and it is recognized as "Gemplus GemPC Key".