[Pcsclite-muscle] Changes to pcscd for XSpice support

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Tue Oct 28 14:47:07 PDT 2014

> Thanks for the reply.
>
>> Maybe you should have a look at this, now old, patch [1].
>> It should allow an application to be connected to a specific pcscd.
>

> Yes, exactly.  (Except that, afaict, we also need to do the same thing for
> the pubshm file, pid file, events dir, and the ipc dir in general).

pubshm is no more used.
events dir is no more used.

PCSCLITE_IPC_DIR should now contains only 2 files: pcscd.pid and pcscd.comm

>> I don't know what you understand by "we want each client to have a
>> fully separated smart card channel".
>> Will you have one different (physical) smart card reader per client
>> application?
>

> The issue is that there will be N client machines, running the Spice client
> software, with N physical card readers.  There will be 1 application server,
> running N different Xorg sessions.  For simplicity, let's say that we have N
> instances of xdm running.  The challenge is that, with an unmodified pcscd,
> there would be 1 pcscd, with N emulated cards.  So each xdm would see N
> different cards.  The the desired result is for each xdm to see only 1 card
> (and, obviously, the card that is connected to its session).

pcscd is running on the side with the smart card reader. So you would
have N-pcscd on N-client machine.

You then need to connect N-libpcsclite running on the application
server to the N-pcscd.
You should be able to use the PCSCLITE_CSOCK_NAME environment variable
to connect the libpcsclite part to the pcscd part through Spice (if
Spice can redirect a socket).

> Does that help clarify?

Yes.

--