[Pcsclite-muscle] Bug report

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Fri Jun 6 09:15:19 PDT 2014

> Hello,

> I have uncovered a bug affecting libccid version 1.4.15-1, which is the
> official version available for Ubuntu's latest release Trusty Tahir (14.04)

I am not sure the bug is in libccid. Maybe it is in the PKCS#11
library you are using.

> The same error is present in 1.4.16-1 (available in the repository for the
> upcoming Ubuntu release) but NOT in 1.4.12-1 (the version for the previous
> Ubuntu release).
>

> I believe that the best way for me to show the bug as specifically as
> possible are the following two screenshots. They are captures of the Firefox
> list of security devices (Preferences -> Advanced -> Certificates ->
> Security Devices).
>
> The first image is of a working situation (ie. libccid 1.4.12-1):
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59310900/goodcard.png
>

> And this is with the broken situation (1.4.15-1):
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59310900/badcard.png
>

> As you can see, two fields are somehow not correctly read: Label and Serial
> Number.

I can't debug the libccid driver using firefox screen copies.
Please follow http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html#support to
send pcscd logs with the 2 versions of the driver.

> A small PS: http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid.html still points to the
> old mailing list to which I tried to sign up yesterday...

Fixed. Thanks.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau