[Pcsclite-muscle] Problem using a "GnuPG card V2" smartcard with a "Gemalto USB Shell Token V2" reader

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau
Fri Dec 12 08:51:35 PST 2014

> On 12/10/2014 01:39 PM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

>>> Moreover, if I read
>>>
>>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pcsclite-cvs-commit/2014-October/006576.html
>>> correctly, that patch is unneeded with the latest firmware for the
>>> reader. Should I consider upgrading my reader?s firware? Do you know
>>> where I can find the latest firmware and upgrade instructions? I had a
>>> look at Gemalto Support website with no success.
>>
>> I think the firmware is in ROM (and not in EEPROM or Flash) so you
>> can't upgrade it.
>> Maybe you can ask your reseller for an reader exchange.
>>

> Hi Ludovic, hi all.
> I suspect I'm going to face the same issue with Gemalto USB key-form readers
> as I'm going to test them with a USB3 hub.
> There is no serial print on these small USB keys.
> QUESTION: is it possible to tell the firmware version or reader version by
> the command lsusb or some other command?

Use control_get_firmware.py program at [1].

> Does the iSerial field (see below) tell me something useful?

The presence of a iSerial indicates you are using the "new" chip+firmware.
The bcdDevice 2.00 indicates it is a IDBridge K30 [2] and not a USB
Shell Token V2 [3]. Both tokens have the same ProductID.

> This is the full lsusb -vvv dump for one of the keys (old Red Hat ES v5.4,
> also my PCSC/ccid SW is quite old):

It is a firmware issue. The driver is perfect :-)

Note that you may not have the problem. Just try and tell us.

Bye

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pcsclite/trunk/PCSC/UnitaryTests/control_get_firmware.py?view=markup
[2] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/shouldwork.html#0x08E60x3438
[3] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/supported.html#0x08E60x3438