[Pcsclite-muscle] Building latest pcsc-lite on OpenBSD 5.2

Martin Paljak martin
Sat Mar 16 08:10:47 PDT 2013

Hello,

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Ludovic Rousseau
<ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/3/15 Martin Paljak <martin at martinpaljak.net>:
> You should use the "official" MUSCLE list at muscle at lists.musclecard.com.
Ups, took the first "muscle" mail and used the list address. Cc added
to the right one.

>> Attached is a patch that makes it possible to compile pcsc-lite on
>> OpenBD 5.2 without any hassles and fewer warnings.
>>
>> It fixes a few things:
>>
>> 1) dlopen search in configure.ac, as guided in [1]. Removes this warning:
>> *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -ldl.
>> *** I have the capability to make that library automatically link in when
>> *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
>> *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
>> *** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
>> *** with libdl but no candidates were found. (...for regex pattern test)
>> *** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
>> *** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
>> *** or is declared to -dlopen it.
>> and allows to build spy
>
> Applied in revision 6572
Great.

>> 2) Building pcsc-spy.1:
>> src/spy/Makefile.am:11: warning: '%'-style pattern rules are a GNU
>> make extension
>
> Applied in revision 6573
> One part of the patch was not needed. Please confirm it is OK.
Not OK, make hangs at:

pod2man  --center="PC/SC lite"  --release="pcsc-lite 1.8.8"   > pcsc-spy.1

(reading from standard input). $^ is not a known construct. [1] is a
quite interesting read on the topic.

>> 3) double-checking the build on Debian stable with older autoconf:
>> configure.ac:66: warning: macro `AM_PROG_AR' not found in library
>> (I guess it is impossible to please auto* all versions all the time)
>
> Patch rejected.
> You can create the the .tar.gz archive on an up-to-date system (Debian
> testing) and then copy this file on Debian stable.

Expected :) I just wrapped up all changes into a single commit.
(OpenBSD 5.2 has autoconf 2.69 and automake 1.12)

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-April/147533.html