Site visit report.

Ellie Young ellie at usenix.org
Fri Sep 29 17:34:01 EDT 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 7:11 AM, Theodore Tso wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 06:34:42AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> We visited the University Arms, the Corn Exchange and the Guild Hall.
>>
>> We took photos but the ones in the brochures will probably be
>> better --
>> and the brochures should be available to us in electronic form
>> shortly.
>> I'll forward them when they arrive, and supplement them with my own
>> photographs if appropriate.
>
> Great, thanks for going out and taking a look at the various
> locations!!
>
> Did anyone go through a detailed pricing discussion with the Guild
> Hall about what A/V, catering, wifi access, etc. would cost?  I know
> Ellie and her staff have contacted the DeVere University Arms and have
> gotten that information to satisfy them, but do we have everything we
> need for the Guild Hall?  How much cheaper do you think it will be?
>
> I assume that one advantage of the Guild Hall is that they won't have
> a room block requirement, since they probably don't offer lodging?  At
> the University Arms, we would need to have something like at least 20
> rooms rented or they would charge us additional money ("a penalty")
> and the University Arms is probably more expensive than lodging that
> might be available at the surrounding colleges.  But if we're going to
> go with the Guild Hall, we'll have to gether detailed cost information
> fairly quickly.  Ellie, anything you want to add?

We just heard back from DeVere yesterday that they won't hold us to
a block of rooms.    They will only charge us a per day rate per
delegate.
For a comparison re pricing:  The DeVere day delegate rate is approx
$95 USD per day per delegate.  This is $7600 USD per day and
includes:    AM coffee break, PM tea break, buffet lunch, main
meeting room rental, flipchart, LCD projector/screen, A-V, and
beverages in the meeting room.     Wireless broadband internet access
is $100 USD per day.