Cambridge Venue for Linux Kernel Summit in '07

Alasdair G Kergon agk at arachsys.com
Thu Sep 21 16:52:10 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 02:32:16PM -0700, Ellie Young wrote:
> DeVere University Arms
> Dates:  Sept. 4-7, 2007  (note: Sept 3 is a holiday in USA, so we
> figure the workshop could  be held either 5-7 or 6-7.
> Ballroom is 2944 sq ft, smaller than the room in the Ottawa Congress
> Centre (the round tables will be tight, but Ted thinks it's doable.)

google turned up this photo:

 http://www.conferences-uk.org.uk/logos/conferences-uk.org.uk_conference_imagesuite_plan_big_20th.gif

Looking at that web page:

  Did you try the Corn Exchange? (476 square metres)

  http://www.conferences-uk.org.uk/Cambridge.asp?venue=Cambridge%20Corn%20Exchange

  Address:
  Cambridge Corn Exchange, Wheeler Street, Cambridge
  CB2 3QB

  Direct tel: 08712312805

  foremost architects of his day, Richard Rowe, the Corn Exchange was, in more
  recent times, redesigned as a concert hall and conference facility. The main
  auditorium is a versatile space, which offers the flexibility for conferences
  of all sizes - from fully seated (across three levels) to walk-round
  exhibitions.

  Or the Guildhall? (330 square metres)

  Exchange and offers two large conference spaces. These can be used
  independently or in conjunction with the Corn Exchange spaces. All the
  facilities are on first floor level with access by stairs or lifts. THE LARGE
  HALL The Large Hall is the main space within the Guildhall. This impressive
  conference venue is often used for University degree ceremonies. It offers 3
  30sq metres of floor space which can be set up in a variety of configurations
  depending on the nature of your conference. The space can easily accommodate 40
  exhibition stands measuring 1.83 x 0.92 meters.

Alasdair