FW: Destination Cambridge venue enquiry

Alasdair G Kergon agk at arachsys.com
Wed Aug 30 15:06:20 EDT 2006

Non-university venues to compare and contrast.

----- Forwarded message from Amanda Cator <amanda.cator at cambridge.gov.uk> -----

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:04:16 +0100
From: "Amanda Cator" <amanda.cator at cambridge.gov.uk>
Subject: Destination Cambridge venue enquiry
To: <agk at arachsys.com>

Dear Alasdair

Thank you for using Destination Cambridge venue location service for your recent conference enquiry, reference number DC712 received on the 25/08/2006 . We have sourced venues on your behalf and have received the following availability.

Our understanding of your requirements is as follows.

Type of Event :	 Residential Conference
Dates Required :	 2 or 3 full days between end of June - mid Sept 2007
Minimum Numbers :	 80
Maximum Numbers :	 100

Room  Setup:
1	Cabaret style	100
2	Syndicate room/s	30

Delegate Rates  / Accommodation:
100	Single

Programme :
Arrive on Day 1 for coffee / registration at 9am
Main room layout cabaret style (presentation and discussion format) with mic on each table
2 breakout rooms if possible not essential
tea / coffee and buffet lunch on all days
Depart either Day 2 or Day 3 at 6pm

The following venues are available to hold your event;

Crowne Plaza
The Crowne Plaza Hotel 4* de-luxe is located in the heart of the city. The property offers 198 guest rooms including 26 superior and 6 suites. The hotel provides an all day restaurant, lounge bar, Irish pub and excellent conference facilities.

Rates include VAT
Date/s available
1st -15th June 2007
25th - 29th June 2007
2nd - 27th July 2007
1st - 31st August 2007
3rd - 25th Sept 2007
Day delegate rate
June 2007 ?59 per person
July 2007 ?59 per person
August 2007 ?40 per person
Sept 2007 ?60 per person
B/B (single occ)
?135 per room per night bed and breakfast
Syndicate room/s & cost
Maple and Sycamore suite ?550 per room per day

Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn is located 4 miles from Cambridge city centre in the village of Histon. Excellent transport links with the A14 and M11, a modern hotel with a good range of facilities.

Date/s available
4th - 8th June 2007
11 - 14th June 2007
18 - 22 June 2007
25 - 27 June 2007
2 - 6 July 2007
9 - 11 July 2007
16 - 20 July 2007
23 - 27 July 2007
30 July - 13 Sept 2007
Day delegate rate
?35 per person (if min numbers are 50 or more)
?30 per person (if min numbers are 60 or more)
B/B (single occ)
?105 bed and breakfast per room per night
Room hire charge
Or main room hire charge ?800 per day
Syndicate room/s & cost
?250 per syndicate room per day
Tea/coffee per person, per serving
?2.95 per person
Buffet charge
?8.95 per person or ?13.95 per person
Car parking arrangements
Ample and free car parking

Alasdair, I have not provisionally held any space on your behalf and the availability is of today's date. Would you please be so kind as to contact Destination Cambridge at your earliest convenience to discuss how you wish to proceed and to talk over the options.

Best wishes,

Amanda Cator
Conference Coordinator
Destination Cambridge
Tel 01223 457571 or 01223 457577

The information in this email may be confidential and legally privileged.
Please scan attachments for viruses before opening them.

Please read our disclaimer at  http://www.cambridge.gov.uk/maildisc.html