Conference info...

Alasdair G Kergon agk at arachsys.com
Tue Aug 22 16:32:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 09:08:46AM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Trinity we can more or less rule out I think. They only have one lecture
> theatre large enough for us (takes 150 people) which is very nice, but
> its not the "groups of people at tables" layout that I understand is the
> preferred choice.

I was there earlier this year - definitely not suitable in my opinion, even
lecture theatre style - too many seats squashed in too close together.
Too many people would just settle back into the comfortable seats and
fall asleep...

> I was rather surprised that the old Kitchen and/or the Hall were not
> large enough, but I wasn't offered the choice of those, so I presume
> they were too small.

Perhaps because they expect to be using them for serving food?

Alasdair
agk at arachsys.com