Remove broken, stable images for RE200v1/RE210v1 (ramips/mt7620)?

Andreas Böhler dev at aboehler.at
Sun Sep 1 13:23:57 PDT 2024

Hi,

there are reports on the forum [1] and on github [2] that 23.05.3,
23.05.4 and 22.03.7 are broken on the TP-Link RE200v1 and the TP-Link
RE210v1 (both MT7620). The system is stuck at "Starting kernel ..." - I
verified this myself on my own RE200v1. This is very unfortunate because
there is no easy method to disassemble the RE200v1 (it is welded
together) and there is no know recovery method in U-Boot. When users
install any of these OpenWrt versions, their device is basically trash.

Is there any process/possibility to remove the builds for the affected
devices?

I only had a brief look at the git log and I couldn't spot any obvious
commit that might have caused this. Does anyone have an idea what's
going on here?

Thanks,
Andreas

[1]