live test system

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Sun Mar 17 12:06:00 PDT 2024

Hi Paul (cool name!),

> Another live system with openwrt master with various openwrt PRs that come in, integrated under some predictable URL (https://host/pr20000). Some kind of capability to tweak settings live, or see the console output. ( Does owrt run well in docker as a guest? )

QEMU is your friends, so maybe your or someone wants to pick up Haukes work[0] and make it happen. When it comes to Docker the questions is what you want to test. Since Docker uses the host Kernel any changes there aren’t of use. LuCI should work fine, however that’s something you should discuss as an issue over at luci.git.

> This is not intended as a solution to the myriad hardware platforms that require real live tests, but one for catching the lions share of problems on a generic running system.

In case you want to tackle the myriad of hardware platforms, too, you may check out Lava[1]. I did[2] some testing but stopped in favor of other projects. In theory Lava could scale over multiple communities to have hundreds of devices tested connected locally.

Best,
Paul

[0]: https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/9723
[1]: https://docs.lavasoftware.org/lava/index.html