Radios for LibreRouter 2

G10h4ck g10h4ck at riseup.net
Tue Jan 23 01:54:48 PST 2024

Hi all!

At Altermundi we have been (mostly silently) advancing with LibreRouter
2 project, we have now some prototype at hand and started testing also
radios, we need that the radio works good with OpenWrt and that at least
have good 802.11s support in the meanwhile we develop the
"promiscuous-AP" mode for hostapd, of which I have presented some
preliminary work at last wireless community weekend.

So far we started testing:

- MediaTek 7921k

- Wallys DR 7915

We don'e have conclusive results yet but we needed M.2 adapters for the
first model which we would prefer to avoid, and both seems to produce
too much heat to fit two of those into a router enclosure

I stress again on the fact that we need them to work good on OpenWrt,
the usage is mostly for medium to long range outdoor links, preferably
cheap.

Any suggestions on what to test next?

Thanks for suggestions, and congrats for OpenWrt One advances :-)

Cheers!

Gio